I can never remember the server the easy command hence the reason why this is on this blog.
log in to the console. From cmd line :
mstsc /v:servername /admin mstsc /v:servername /console
From Microsoft TechNet:
- To open Remote Desktops, click Start, click Control Panel, double-click Administrative Tools, and then double-click Remote Desktops.
Using the command line
- Open Command Prompt.
- Type:mstsc /console.
- Remote Desktop Connection will start. Type the computer name or IP address of the computer you want to connect to in the Computer box.
- Configure any other desired options, and then click Connect.
- To open a command prompt, click Start, point to All programs, point to Accessories, and then click Command prompt.
- To view the complete syntax for this command, at a command prompt, type:mstsc /?